BLOCKBUSTER AUTHOR DEAN KOONTZ AND AURYN RELEASE SECOND EBOOK APP IN THE AWARD-WINNING TRIXIE DOG SERIES
May 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
Auryn, Inc., the most award-winning digital publisher of interactive children’s stories for the iPad and other tablet devices, today announces the availability Trixie and Jinx, the second ebook app by blockbuster author Dean Koontz.
With the release of the award-winning I, Trixie Who Is Dog app late last year, Auryn and Koontz brought the author’s beloved golden retriever Trixie to life on the iPad and iPhone. Together, we have now released the second Trixie ebook adventure, just in time for children and families to enjoy it on summer vacations.
Giving readers another fun, lighthearted glimpse into the imagination of Trixie with quirky narration and irrepressible spirit, this app will delight readers young and old. This app details the story of Trixie who longs for her buddy Jinx the dachshund when he goes on vacation. Lonely Trixie tries to find new friends, but discovers that spiders have no sense of humor and mice just can’t appreciate a good tail-chase; no one can compare to Jinx.
“Auryn’s adaptations of these two books are wonderful. Reading them, playing with them, I am a child again,” says New York Times’ best-selling author Dean Koontz.
Key features of the storybook app include:
Personalization of picture, voice and text:
- Children can double up as illustrators of this book app by coloring Trixie herself, the background layouts, and other elements in every page using bright vibrant colors.
- Children can become their own narrator or listen to their parents narrate the book. Interactivity allows kids to personalize the sentence, create new action words and sharpen their vocabulary skills.
Image and word association vocabulary builder – when an image is touched the associated word is spoken and the written word displayed.
Karaoke effect – when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
Touch a word to hear it being spoken.
Trixie and Jinx is offered three ways for kids and families to enjoy:
- “Read to me” – Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects till they are ready to move to the next page.
- “Read myself” – There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
- “Auto Play” – same as “Read to Me” except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
About Auryn, Inc.
Founded by Academy award-winning visual effects experts from Hollywood’s top movie studios, Auryn Inc. is the most award-winning digital publisher of storybook and creative apps for the iPad, iPhone, Android and other tablet devices. Uniting leading technologists and creative artists, Auryn’s patented technology enables the company to produce ground-breaking interactive content for the new emerging tablet medium. Recognized by the Producers Guild of America and Variety magazine as the Digital 25 top innovator in Emerging Media and winner of more app awards than any other digital publisher, Auryn is paving the way in digital publishing and fast-becoming the leader in children’s storybook apps. For more on Auryn, visit www.auryn.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest at: www.facebook.com/appsbyauryn, www.twitter.com/AurynApps and http://pinterest.com/appsbyauryn/.
About Dean Koontz
Dean Koontz is a prolific New York Times bestselling author whom the London Times has called “a master, a literary juggler.” His books have been translated into 36 languages and have sold more than 450,000,000 copies. He also served as the “editor” of books by his golden retriever, Trixie–Life Is Good, Christmas Is Good, and Bliss to You–and writes children’s books about her. Dean lives with his wife, Gerda, their golden retriever Anna, and the enduring spirit of Trixie in southern California. For more on Dean visit http://www.deankoontz.com, http://www.deankoontz.com/trixie, and follow him on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/deankoontzofficial.